Friday, October 26, 2012

I know it has been forever!  I had such good intentions when the school year started and then, well. . .

LIFE!

I always underestimate how hard it is to keep up with four kids, a hubby and teach full-time.  Never mind all the other stuff a busy mom does. 

Anyhow. . . Thought I would update you on a few things.

  • My class is amazing!  I have some of the brightest, hardest working students.  We have been doing lots of reading and word work.  I am using a  modified version of the Daily 5.  I have got students all tuned in to Read-to Self, and we have built our stamina up to about 20 minutes.  Plenty of time for me to get in one more reading group.  Today we worked on our writing stamina, and to my amazement we worked in our journals for about 30 minutes.  Really - everyone was writing, well, almost everyone.  I am seeing such progress!  It just makes my heart smile!

  • I am so thankful for all the parents who volunteer in my classroom.  It is a challenge to be prepared for them, but the benefits for the kids are priceless.  I added one more to my schedule today.  She will be my "Read-to-Me Mom".  Thinking of getting her a crown and sash to make her time in the classroom super special.  Her sole job will be to listen to the kinders read.  I plan on having a special sticker basket for her to dole out rewards to our fabulous readers.

  • I made it through CLAD class number 3.  Whew!  That one was hard to keep up with.  I have started my last class and will be thrilled when I have turned in my portfolio.  I know in the end it will be worth it.

  • A small group of our teachers just finished a book study on the book Unglued by Lysa TerKeurst.  It was great to read that others feel as frazzled as I do at times.  Looking forward to the next study.  What are you reading?

 
Hope all is well with you and I will try to keep everyone updated.
Blessings,
 
Mrs. M.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment