As a teacher it is both exciting and nerve racking to begin counting down to the last day of school. While the joy of summer vacation is almost at reach, the many end of the year activities and deadlines loom overhead. Never the less, I am ready! This week I look forward to returning to somewhat of a "normal" schedule with the conclusion of CST testing last week for our seconds. Thank you again to all the parents who donated snacks!! Mrs. Quirarte even brought in cupcakes for all on Friday to celebrate the end of testing - what a treat!
The zoo trip was a success - beautiful weather, lots of parents and great kiddos! Wednesday students had heard Dr. Seuss's story, If I Ran the Zoo, about a little boy named Mr. McGrew who thought everything was just a bit to "normal" in the regular zoo. So he captured some much more unusual animals. Well, upon our return students had the opportunity to create their own McGrew Zoo Animal!! Let's just say that creativity abounds with the firsties!! Thank you again to all of the parents and to Mrs. Ban for donating the snacks.
Don't forget the Corky's Flip Flop Fundraiser and the Friends and Neighbors Golf Tournament and Dinner! We need your support to raise funds for physical education, music and athletics. How are you going to help?
Mark your calendars. There are lots of things coming up in the next couple of weeks!
- Tuesday, May 8th ~ Incentive Assembly, 1:40pm
- Thursday, May 10th ~ Writing Festival Awards, 9:45-10:20am
- Friday, May 11th ~ Skate Night - This is the last one of the year! Come and show your support.
- Tuesday and Wednesday, May 15th (2:30-4:00 - EC Cafeteria) and 16th (12:30-2:30 - WC Cafeteria) ~ Corky's Fundraiser Open House
- Wednesday, May 16th ~ Minimum Day Dismissal K-2, 1:30pm
- Friday, May 25th ~ Family BBQ
- Monday, May 28th ~ Memorial Day - NO SCHOOL
Blessings ~ Mrs. M.