I am joining Kathleen at Growing Kinders to share my technology resolutions for the coming year. I left a school which had purchased Promethean Boards for all of its teachers. I was just getting comfortable with that technology when I moved schools and was with out the board - sigh! I used my board daily for my morning message. We could circle or highlight words and edit right on the screen. Each day I would print out the two copies and let my helper of the day take one home. I would put the other in a binder for students to read at library time. It became a class favorite! At the end of the year I made a copy of the whole book for each child - a great kindergarten keepsake!
As for this year - No Promethean Board but plenty of To-Do's:
- I have an ELMO that I use everyday. It works great, especially for math. Last year, we all got Mobi Pads and I was using it at the end of the year. This year I haven't even taken it out of the box! The Mobi really gives me mobility and allows me to walk around the room and monitor students better. I will get that puppy charged and ready to go!
- With so many people talking about using iPads and iPods in the classroom - I want one or two! My Principal suggested it to replace the dinosaur computers that are in my classroom. A little more research and I will be ready to write a grant for them for next year.
- I want to upload all my music and make easier to access. I have some of it on my iTunes account but got frustrated because the audio available is horrible. The only sound I have is from the computer speakers. Need to work on that! My kiddos can't even hear it.
- I need an operational listening center! I was trying to be resourceful and use what was available - but none of it works! Another source of frustration. I worked on it over the Thanksgiving break and thought I had the problem solved - NOT! I am trying to make more "Listen to Reading" options available for my students. U-tube is blocked in our district so many of the on-line stories are not available.
- They have been working on setting up a new computer lab for the K-3 side of our school. I am determined to be in there and create some tech savvy kinders.
- It has been nearly a year since I first discovered blogs and I have learned so much from the fabulous teachers who put their heart and soul on the line to share their successes and a failure or two - We call those learning experiences! I look forward to blogging a little more!
Go ahead and Link-up!