Monday, April 23, 2012

3rd Times a Charm!




This is the third time I have tried to post and each time I have been kicked off right in the middle and lost all my announcements!  So here goes for the third time. . . wish me luck!

Wow!  I can't believe how quickly the year is going.  We only have 32 more school days left!  Did you hear me . . . I said 32!  Yikes!  I still have so much to do with your kiddos!

The last couple of weeks have been crazy working on special projects.  We finished all things Open House and survived the worst storm of the year, and then last week we wrote about our AWESOME dads.  (Don't worry moms, you will get your turn.)  This week 2nd graders wrap up test preparations for the CST.  Testing begins next week.  The kids are really getting excited to show off all they have learned.  The 1st graders even wish they could take it!


Our fabulous Jr. High Leadership Team across the street planned some fun theme days to help us get into the testing spirit.  Today is Professional Management Monday!  It's time to dress for success.  When we look and feel are best, don't we act and preform that way too?  I can't wait to see some of my little professionals!

Tomorrow is Study Buddy/Twin Tuesday.  We will be doing lots of buddy activities tomorrow:  buddy reading, buddy spell check, buddy writing. . . you name it and we will be working on it together!
Reminder to 2nd grade parents that the Hilmar Cheese Factory field trip is Thursday.  Students will leave at 8:30 and return at 1:00 and need to bring a sack lunch.  Parents are welcome to come but need to provide their own transportation.  All students will need to ride the bus to and from the field trip and return to school for the remainder of the day.  Mrs. Van  Horn will be in charge of the class as I am staying behind with the 1st graders.

Don't worry 1st grade parents!  You kids go to the Chaffee Zoo on May 3rd.  More info to come home this week.

Blessings ~ Mrs. M.

No comments:

Post a Comment